Costo básico de vida mensual
Alquiler en piso compartido265
Participación de los servicios públicos17
suscripción a internet26
Ejemplo de costo de estilo de vida
combo de comida rapida6
Boleto de cine4
Pinta de cerveza local2
Acerca de México
Estudiar en México
¿Qué tipo de Visa necesitas?
nombre de la visa
Temporary Resident Student Visa (Residente Temporal Estudiante)
Precio y moneda
The cost of issuing a student visa varies depending on the nationality. It can be anywhere between US$17 and $30.
¿Quién puede solicitar la visa?
If you are a citizen or a permanent resident of the Schengen Area, UK, USA, Canada or Japan, or if you have a valid visa for any of those countries, you do not require a visa to Mexico if the purpose of your visit is studying, and if the duration of your stay does not exceed 180 days.
Students who are from other countries, or who will be visiting for a period longer than 180 days must apply for a student visa to Mexico.
¿Dónde se puede hacer la solicitud?
You must apply in person for a Student Temporary Resident Visa at the Consular Office closest to your place of residence.
¿Cómo hacer la solicitud?
Applicants are required to apply for a visa in person through a pre-arranged interview appointment.
- Valid passport with at least 6 months after the return.
- Original Letter of acceptance from the school/institution in Mexico.
- Original Letter or Certificate indicating the covering expenses of the student, including the full scholarship and in case they will stay with a host family do not forget to attach the ID of the leading member of the family. In case the scholarship or expenses are not included, it's mandatory to present the account statements for the last 3 months.
- In case of minors - Student’s birth certificate duly Apostilled.
- International students are required to show proof of medical/accidental insurance with international coverage.
- Medical statement showing good health and indicating that the candidate is free from any of the illnesses is also required.
- Visa processing fee.
- Completed application form.
- One Photograph in color, passport size with the face uncovered.
Once applicants have entered Mexican territory, they must, within the first 30 calendar days, apply to the National Migration Institute for the residence card that accredits their legal stay in the country and allows them to remain in Mexico.
¿Cuándo debe aplicar?
A Mexican student visa can be issued in an average of 2 days and can take up to 3 weeks, depending on the nationality of the applicant. You should apply well in advance.
The validity of student visa is of one year.
Tiempo de procesamiento
Oportunidades de trabajo
Students cannot work or engage in any remunerative activity while on a student visa in Mexico.
When the student has been invited by a Mexican company/Institution to perform lucrative activities, the Mexican company/institution must request a work permit at the National Migration Institute in Mexico (www.inm.gob.mx).
Horas por semana
¿Por qué necesita este tipo de visa?
Immigration authorities may decide to refuse the request to enter the country if the applicant is subject to criminal process or has been convicted of a serious crime.
- Unitelma Sapienza
- University Of Colima
- Tecnológico de Monterrey - ITESM
- IESDE School of Management
- A-STATE Queretaro
- Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (Educación Continua Presencial)