Please note that the main teaching language of the Master programme in Sports Medical Training/Clinical Exercise Physiology is German
The master programme imparts:
- in-depth sports scientific knowledge focused on sports medicine and training science
- the ability to work independently in accordance with basic scientific principles and to apply scientific methods and knowledge
- the ability to grasp new developments quickly, to familiarise oneself with new areas and to contribute to the further development of one’s own discipline in both research and practice
- well developed skills for occupational fields related to sports, exercise, health and leisure, e.g. sports clubs, sports associations, local or associational sports administration, media sports desks, commercial sports suppliers, freelance trainers and supervisors, sports and exercise therapy in prevention and rehabilitation, and health insurance funds
Particular emphasis is placed on the teaching of key qualifications that prepare students for demanding professional work in research, industry, and practice. Among these key qualifications are teamwork, independent conflict resolution skills, foreign language skills related to the subject, and the planning, preparing and presentation of projects.
The theoretical teaching offer is supplemented by a range of traditional and modern sporting activities and offers courses that handle the development of teaching and learning processes. The programme offers the possibility to focus on special sports medicine and training science themes and to collect and reflect on practical experience systematically.
- Bachelor’s degree in a programme that focuses on sports science or sports medicine, or a Bachelor’s degree in a similar programme that focuses on physical exercise or health, or a German degree in the same or similar discipline that is recognised as equivalent (standard study period of at least 6 semesters), or an international degree in the same or similar discipline (standard study period at least 6 semesters) that is recognised as equivalent
- Students have to complete the respective module from the Bachelor’s degree. in sports science in the following cases: insufficient methodological knowledge of empirical social research; insufficient knowledge of sports and exercise therapy for internal and neurological clinical pictures and damage; insufficient knowledge of training-related therapeutic intervention for diseases and injuries of the locomotive system
- If the undergraduate programme has not focused specifically on sports science (for example health studies, medicine or physiotherapy), students will have to prove their theoretical and practical knowledge of sports in practice, the basics of training and movement sciences and the basics of sports medicine/sports physiology, or they will have to compensate for the lack of knowledge if this is made a requirement by the examination board in Frankfurt
- Proof of methodological knowledge of empirical social research, as well as knowledge of either sports and exercise therapy or of training-based therapeutic intervention (conditions/exceptions possible)
- Proof of English language skills by certificates, or UNICert degree level 2, or TOEFL test with at least 550 points (written test) or 213 points (computer-based test), or any other certificate acknowledged by the examination office as equivalent
- study exposé (20%)
- entrance colloquium (20%)
- certificate of health for the sport
Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skills according to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
Provisional admission is possible on the basis of a current transcript of records; at least 150 credit points in the B.A. with at least grade "3" must have been obtained; proof of English language skills must be submitted; the Bachelor’s thesis must be finished or almost finished, and a report or recommendation by the professor tutoring the B.A. thesis must be submitted; and the entrance colloquium must be successfully completed. Provisional admission is valid for 12 months.
Mode of admission
Admission to the programme is not restricted.
Esta institución educativa ofrece programas en:
Última actualización February 18, 2018